2009-03-12

just quotes

regarding THE ANGEL... (ETA: 04.19.2009)

-- Misha ACED Mag. interview
"I believe in angels in the sense that I believe that the universe is much more vast and inexplicable than 'reality' as I experience it in my daily life. I believe in angels in the sense that I am certain that powerful, mystical forces of good do operate in our universe. And, I believe that there are people, walking amongst us, who are 'angelic presences' in our lives. My younger brother, Sasha, is one of those people and I based some of the character of Castiel on him."

-- Sera interview
Well, he certainly has been a hit with fans. Were you nervous about bringing him into the show?

No, I wasn't. I saw five minutes of dailies from our season premiere, and I said, "That guy is going to be the biggest thing since Sam and Dean." [Creator and executive producer] Eric [Kripke] and Bob [executive producer Robert Singer] were like, "Well, he's really good, but …" And I was like, "No, you don't understand. Within an hour of this airing there are going to be little avatars of him and there are going to be fans sites about him." And they're like, "You think?" "Yes, I'm positive."

First of all, he has this rock-star entrance. And there's chemistry between him and the boys. And there's a way that his character is positioned that is both ominous and helpful. He doesn't quite threaten the relationship between the brothers, which is always the danger zone for characters we introduce. He's male, which is helpful. And he's played by Misha, who is very talented.

-- Misha TVGuide.com interview
How was your first Supernatural convention experience this past weekend?

It was good. I don't feel nearly as traumatized as I expected. I feel like a little bit of a whore, so that's a triumph in my book. I got some hand cramps from signing my name for too long, but that's an occupational hazard.

"Is there anything that Castiel is afraid of?" (bklynkat23)

Scary movies?

And lastly, "In CSI , 24 and Seven Days, your accent was unbelievably believable. How did you manage that?" (T_T)

When I was in high school, I liked to pretend that I was a Russian foreign exchange student. I would do things like go into a pizza restaurant and tell them I'd never had pizza before, and they'd bring me into the kitchen and show me how to make an American pizza. It's really fun. People relate to you totally differently, and show you a side to themselves that you never see in your regular voice. So I guess the short answer is just "By f--king around."

-- Misha Sci-Fi Wire interview
Your character, Castiel, is accused by Anna [Julie McNiven] of not being able to feel real emotion, but he seems to have a real affection for Dean [Jensen Ackles]. How do you work with that sort of dichotomy?

Yes, how do you explain the homoerotic tension [laughs]? ... I think that it's sort of, by the transitive property, he's beginning to feel emotion ever so slightly. That's my answer to the question. By his proximity to Dean, some of Dean's human properties are beginning to rub off on Castiel. And he's starting to feel, and I think that he doesn't really know how to interpret the feelings.

So are we going to get to see your wings? Not just the shadow of them?

I have a suspicion that the wings, ... there is no way that they would fail to disappoint. And, you know, since we've just seen them as shadows, no one knows what they really look like. Maybe they're actually only 3 inches tall [laughs].

Now, you don't want people to think you have small wings ...

No, no.

That would be embarrassing.

I would be trying to find wing enlargement.



this man... *sigh* XD

0 CHATTER:

Post a Comment

Other Entries